Direct Mail Addressing Guidelines
- Use simple sans serif type with uniform stroke thickness.
- Type or machine-print in dark ink on a light background with a uniform left margin.
- Left-justify every line in the address block.
- Use two-letter state abbreviations.
- Use one space between city and state, two spaces between state and ZIP+4 code.
- Use appropriate ZIP+4 code (if unknown, use 5-digit ZIP Code).
- A minimum of 8-point type, or if Intelligent Mail barcode with a delivery point routing code, a minimum of 6-point type is acceptable if printed in all capital letters.
- Include a return address
The delivery address is the most important information on your mail piece. Use the following format for your delivery addresses:
Name or attention line: JANE L MILLER
Company: MILLER ASSOCIATES
Delivery address: 1960 W CHELSEA AVE STE 2006R
City, state, ZIP Code: ALLENTOWN PA 18104